The Frozen-At-Sea Difference
Using our fresh-frozen process on a wide variety of species, Seafreeze provides the versatility of frozen with a quality that rivals fresh – the catch is frozen within hours of its capture.
As soon as the catch is harvested by our technologically advanced vessels, it is guided to our -2° Celsius maintained sea-water tanks. It is then hand-packed and sent to our horizontal plate freezers, which preserves freshness and quality.
Our Frozen at Sea Products:
· Illex Squid(Illex Illecebrosus) Season: May through October
· Loligo/Boston Squid (Loligo Pealei) Season: September through April
· Atlantic Mackerel (Scomber Scombrus) Season: December through May
· Atlantic Herring(Clupea Harengus) Season: Available year round
· Atlantic Butterfish(Peprilus Triacanthus) Season: December through March